Northwestern's Financial Offices
During the financial aid process, your application will progress though the following financial offices at Northwestern:
This is the initial contact office in the financial aid process. The Chicago Financial Aid Office is responsible for:
- Determining financial aid eligibility.
- Processing financial aid award notices.
- Certifying student loans.
- Reviewing these applications for final loan approval.
- Disbursing approved loan funds electronically to the Chicago Office of Student Accounts beginning on the first day of each term.
This office is responsible for:
- E-mailing billing statements (i.e. tuition bills, etc) to students' NU e-mail accounts.
- Receiving all financial aid disbursements.
- Issuing student living expense refunds beginning on the first day of the term (for students whose financial aid disbursements exceed the tuition and other charges on their student billing account).