How it Works
Where to begin
- Overview of the financial aid and loan process
- How aid eligibility is determined by program
- How federal aid eligbility is established
Maintaining financial aid eligibility
Students must maintain certain academic standards in their program of study to receive federal funds. Learn more about this criteria in the satisfactory academic progress policy section.
Changes to your academic status may affect eligibility. See Changes to Enrollment and Withdrawals for more information.
Procedures and requirements
- How to pay your tuition bill with financial aid
- Appeals and reporting changes in circumstance (like marriage or a change in enrollment)
- Loan repayment
- Financial aid forms
Verification is the process by which Northwestern University confirms accuracy of the data reported on an individual student's FAFSA. If you've been selected for this process, view the Federal Verification page for information on what to expect.